Monday, July 26, 2010

The Wrap Up

Last week of project coming up, time for the life outside. Done with the job now, did not make as much money as I thought and because of this I am in unpleasant debt to Campus Outreach. By the world's gauge this summer has been a terrible failure and if I had any sense I would never do it again. Unfortunately for the world I haven't complained about a minute of it and would probably stay here year-round if they would let me. Infinitely more important than my financial status and worldly relationships in the tremendous growth that has been adhered unto me by the sovereign grace of Christ. Though I was yet His enemy, He claimed me as His own and has revealed to me the chief end of man. As John Piper puts it, God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. Complete satisfaction in the redemptive quality of Christ demands we experience affliction with joy and honor the covenants made with the Father not out of duty or discipline, but a love for Him and a knowledge that only through Him can satisfaction be obtained. And the way to satisfaction is through death. We must die to our old selves and be conformed to the new life that Christ has given us and through this gift, we experience eternal satisfaction through praise to the Father and service to His kingdom. I am not of this world and it carries no dominion of my soul. Though I may walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, because the promise of my God reigns over the words and deeds of every man. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. No man may serve two masters and in this way we are delivered from the bondage of the world and sin. It is not the will of my Father that I should return to the world and be as those of the world. The sons of God have no stake in the world except to serve and make known the children of the Father. This is the manner that I will return to campus. Not as one who has heard the truth and does not listen, but as one who is conformed to the truth making it known to all that I might meet. This is the COMMAND of my Father to all those elect that He claims as His own.

"And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.'" - Matthew 28:18-20

The call to make disciples is for all the elect, so that there might not be any confusion. The nations of the unbelieving have waited on me for too long, and by the grace of my Lord I will not have them wait any longer. Peace and love in Christ, for it is through His blood that you might come to know the Father.

"And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." - John 17:3

No comments:

Post a Comment